Apricot Almond Coffee Cake
Coffee Cake- Apricot Almond
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: 12 servings
- 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 16 dried apricots, cut into small chunks
- 1 (16oz) package pound cake mix, divided
- 1 cup (8oz) sour cream
- ½ cup milk or half and half
- 2 large eggs
- ½ t almond extract
- ½ c sliced almonds
- powder sugar glaze
- Mix by hand soft cream cheese, apricot preserves and 1 T of cake mix just until blended, set aside.
- Beat sour cream, milk, eggs, almond extract and remaining cake mix on medium speed
- scraping the sides of the bowl until combined.
- Spray a 9X13 pan and pour in half of the batter.
- Spread over the top all of the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour and spread the remaining batter.
- Dot the top with the chunks of apricots.
- Sprinkle on top the almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, drizzle on glaze and serve.