Pecan Swiss Butterhorns
Coffee Cake- Swiss Butterhorns
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ t salt
- 13.5 T of cold butter (1 stick and a ⅓ C)
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped pecans or cranberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- Powder sugar with enough milk added to form drizzle
- In a food processor combine flour, salt and butter until crumbly.
- Add egg yolk and sour cream, beat briefly.
- Scrap sides out and shape dough into a ball.
- Wrap in saran or wax paper and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Roll out into 3 -12 inch circles.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it and pecans over the three tops.
- Cut each circle into eight triangles.
- Roll wedges starting at the big end and wrapping the tip with the point down.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and shape into a crescent.
- (Brushing tops with an egg or egg white helps in browning.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Glaze after removing from the oven.
- These freeze well raw. When needed just take out of the freezer and let thaw for about 30 minutes then bake off.