Apricot Almond Tart
Coffee Cake- Apricot Almond Tart
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
- ½ of 8 oz can of almond paste
- 3T and ½T sugar, divided
- 3 oz cream cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1- 15 oz can of lite apricot halves (or those in heavy syrup)
- ¼ cup apricot jam, heated in microwave
- Pie crust dough, see below
- 3 broken up amaretto cookies (Italian macaroons) or if you can't find these use a little flake coconut as shown in the photo above. Lately I have been using Archway Specialties Coconut Macaroons and like them a lot.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend almond paste and 3 T sugar in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add cream cheese, egg yolk, and vanilla and blend until filling is smooth.
- Spread your filling on the rolled out pie crust dough.
- Drain the apricots and cut into strips. About 4 strips per apricot half.
- Arrange apricot slices pinwheel fashion on the filling in a spoke pattern in 2 concentric circles.
- Dribble apricot jam on top and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Crumble up cookies and lightly cover top of tart.
- Bake until crust is golden about 43 minutes.
- Cool and serve warm or at room temp.