Nutty Orange Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Coffee Cake- Nutty Pecan Orange Cream Cheese
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
- ¾ C granulated sugar
- 1+ C chopped pecans
- Zest a whole orange
- 2 (12 oz. -10 count) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (I use Junior Grands)
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 C sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 T fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar, pecans and zest; set aside.
- Separate the biscuits.
- Cut cream cheese into 20 equal squares 4 X 5.
- Place a square in the center of each biscuit.
- Fold each biscuit in half over the cream cheese, pressing the edges to seal.
- Dip biscuits in melted butter, and then dredge in granulated sugar mixture.
- Place the biscuits, curved-side up, in a single layer in the hollows of a lightly greased 12-cup bundt pan, spacing them evenly (do not stack.) Place any remaining biscuits (4 or 5) around the middle tube, filling any gaps.
- Drizzle any remaining butter over the biscuits and sprinkle with any remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Immediately invert the cake onto a serving platter.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and orange juice, stirring well; drizzle the glaze over the warm cake. Best served warm.
- The full recipe will easily serve 10 people.
- You can prepare this the night before, cover with saran wrap and store in the fridge.
- Take it out the next morning and bake it off.
- If 2 rolls for 10 people is too much, you can put 4 rolls into 5 ramekins. Wrap well with saran wrap, then foil, and then freeze them. Take out one ramekin per two people and bake off.