Pancakes- Tender, Plain & Melt in Your Mouth
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
- ⅔ C all-purpose flour
- ⅓ C potato starch (check in your grocery specialty section)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ⅜ tsp salt
- 1½ Tbsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 C whole milk (I used half and half)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Unsalted butter for cooking, (I used regular and it was fine!)
- Combine flour, potato starch, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with a fork and then mix in the milk and oil.
- Pour over the dry ingredients, and combine with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula just until evenly moistened. Don't over beat, there will be lumps.
- Heat a griddle until water flicked on it sizzles.
- Add some butter to the griddle and spoon about 3 Tbsp of batter on the griddle.
- Cook about 3 minutes, until the top has stopped bubbling and no longer looks wet, and the bottom is slightly browned. Flip and cook the second side 2-3 minutes.
- Plate and add a little butter and syrup on top. They will melt in your mouth.