Fruit- Lemon Crème with Blueberries and Granola Parfait
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: 16 servings
This recipe makes a lot. I layer in a parfait glass, the crème, fresh blueberries, and the granola two layers each, ending with a third dollop of crème on top. You would have enough crème to do possibly 16 of these. The crème will hold for several days in a tightly sealed container in the fridge.
- 1 ½ C sugar
- ¼ C cornstarch
- ¼ C flour
- 1 ½ C water
- 1 C orange juice
- ½ C lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 C whipping cream
- In a 3 to 4 quart pot mix together sugar, cornstarch and flour.
- Blend in water, orange juice, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to a gentle boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. It will be thick.
- In a small bowl beat with an electric mixer the 4 egg yolks.
- Gradually beat in ½ C of the heated mixture into the egg yolks, and then dump the egg mixture into the pot on the stove.
- Cook over low heat to a second boil.
- Remove from heat and blend in butter and lemon zest.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and cover with a buttered piece of wax paper.
- It can be put in the fridge overnight at this point. The next morning, whip the whip cream until firm and blend into cooled lemon mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.