Snacks- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Chex Mix- Gluten Free
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
I saw a bag of this at Sams Wholesale the other day, called Muddy something, so I suppose you could buy it pre-made. It might be cheaper homemade, and you don’t have the extra chemicals in it! I got this recipe from Carol Weiner of Townsend, TN, at Tuesday’s Dazzling Domino's Dames!
- 9 cups of Rice Chex (almost a whole box)
- ½ cup of peanut butter (doesn’t make any difference if it is creamy or chunky, but I use creamy.)
- 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- Melt the chocolate in your microwave or on your stove top and add the peanut butter.
- Mix just until creamy smooth.
- Pour over the Chex mix in a big bowl.
- Gently toss and stir until covered.
- Pour a cup of powdered sugar on top of the Chex mix and toss until pieces start to separate. You will do this 3 or 4 times using a few cups of powdered sugar, but I never measured exactly how much.
- This freezes well.