Bread- Corn Bread
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: at least 30 pieces
My friends at Sweet Berries Bed and Breakfast in Maryville, TN came to a pot luck once with the best corn bread I had ever tasted, and this is the recipe. I was never much of a fan of corn bread till I tasted this. It usually goes in a sprayed 9X13 pan, however you can put the batter in sprayed muffin tins and they will just plop out without having to use muffin papers.
- 4- 8.5 oz Boxes of Jiffy Mix
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 C ½ & ½ or Buttermilk
- 1- 10 oz Can Rotel (original or mild) Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies Well Drained
- 1- 8.5 oz Can Creamed Corn
- 16 oz Cottage Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Break the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the buttermilk or ½ & ½ and beat with an electric mixer for about 5 seconds.
- Add the Rotel tomatoes, creamed corn and cottage cheese. Beat briefly for 5 seconds.
- Add the 4 boxes of cornbread mix. Either mix in by hand, or less than 10 seconds with the electric mixer.
- You don’t want to over beat and the batter will be lumpy. Pour into a well greased 9X13 pan, or if using muffin tins, pour even with the top of the tin.
- Bake for about 45 minutes in a 400° oven. If making muffins, test after 35 minutes with a toothpick. Don’t over bake. It is okay if the toothpick has a few crumbs on it. The cornbread is very moist and freezes well.