Pancakes- Corn Cakes
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
- 2 ½ cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup yellow or white cornmeal
- 1- 8oz package fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp fresh ground pepper
- Pulse the first 4 ingredients in a food processor 3 to 4 times or just until the corn is coarsely chopped.
- Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in corn mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon ⅛ cup batter for each cake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or large non stick skillet to form 2-inch cakes. Don't spread or flatten cakes.
- Cook cakes 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn and cook other side 2 to 3 minutes.
- I have made this before using canned corn, and they were tasty also.