Breakfast- Ham Enchiladas
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
This photo is a half batch, serves four, very easy to make two, four, or eight enchiladas. This recipe is the amount for eight.
- 2 C chopped cooked ham
- ½ C chopped onion
- ½C chopped green or I prefer sweet red peppers
- 1 T olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 C half and half
- 1 T all-purpose flour
- ¼ t garlic powder
- ½ t hot sauce
- 1C additional shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- 8 sprigs of rosemary
- In a skillet with the olive oil sauté the onion and red pepper for a few minutes until soft then add the ham for another minute.
- You might have to trim the ends of the tortillas ahead of putting the filling in to make sure they fit in your casserole rolled up.
- Divide filling into eighths and place down the center of each tortilla.
- Place ¼ cupful of cheese on top of meat mixture and roll up tightly.
- Spray a 9X13X2 pan with cooking spray.
- Place rolled up tortillas, seam side down.
- Mix eggs, cream, flour, garlic powder and hot sauce with an electric beater, and then pour the liquid over the tortillas.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove ½ hour before putting in a preheated 375 degree oven, uncovered. Bake about 45 minutes then sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- When melted, a couple of minutes, take out and garnish with salsa, sour cream and a sprig of rosemary!