Breakfast- Spinach Mushroom Frittata
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: 4-8 servings
This will serve 4 to 8 people depending on what else you are serving with it. You can increase it to 16 eggs for 8 people and leave the other ingredient the same quantities.
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 oz fresh spinach
- 4-6 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1- 10 oz can mild diced tomatoes & green chilies, drained, I use Rotel
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 12 large eggs beaten
- ¾ C half and half, optional
- ¾ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Saute garlic in olive oil, 30 seconds on medium heat in an oven proof Teflon pan.
- Add mushrooms and saute for another 10 minutes, until browned.
- Add spinach for 1-2 minutes till wilted.
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Beat the eggs and salt and pepper together along with the half and half if using it (it makes it creamier) and add to frying pan.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over mixture.
- Semi-cook (for 3 to 5 minutes) pulling away from sides and bottoms of pan occasionally with a spatula. You are going for big curds here, not stirring it.
- When ¾ set, place in a 350 oven for 10-20 minutes till puffy and golden.