Cookies- Chocolate Truffles
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
I find that the chocolate bits don’t melt as well as the dipping chocolate you buy in the store. It stays melted longer and goes on thinner. The best is Ghirardelli and I buy it in a 2.5 pound slab at Sam's Wholesale. So melt some in the microwave, DO NOT OVERHEAT, and stir it until just melted. Dip each ball in the white chocolate and place back on the wax paper not touching each other. By the time you are done dipping they will have set up. You can place them in your plastic storage container with them touching and pull out the toothpicks. Then melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it on top to cover the little holes the toothpicks made. Store in the refrigerator or freezer. I always make a double batch when making these!
- 1 package of original Oreo Cookies, (not double stuff)
- 1- 8oz package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1- 8oz bag of milk or dark chocolate*
- see below
- 1- 8oz bag of white chocolate*
- Crush the Oreos in a food processor until very fine.
- Combine the cream cheese until well mixed.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight for flavors to meld together.
- The next day let set at room temperature to soften.
- Roll into small balls.
- Place a wooden toothpick in the top of each truffle.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and place in the freezer until very firm.
- Then take out and see the directions above for dipping in chocolate!