Fruit- Pears Pistachio
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
The length of baking time will depend on how ripe the pears are. I don’t like mushy pears! After about 20 minutes test with a toothpick. If it goes in easily take them out. If you see the skins starting to wrinkle they are getting very soft... Hard pear might take 30 minutes.
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 C of brown sugar
- 4 pears
- ½ C of sour cream
- ¼ C of chopped pistachios
- Put butter in a 9X13 pan and set in an oven.
- Turn the oven on and start preheating to 375 degrees.
- Wash and cut the pears in half the long way.
- Trim out the core.
- When the butter is melted in the pan (don’t let it get brown) take the pan out of the oven and sprinkle the cup of brown sugar over the butter in the bottom of the 9X13.
- Take pears and smear a little butter on the skin side of the pear and place in the pan, cut side down.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, turn cut side up and place in an individual serving bowl or plate, garnish with sour cream and pistachios on top.