Tart- Tomato Zucchini
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: 6-8 servings
TIP: If you are watching calories, you can get by with a ¼ cup mayo and ¼ cup of cheese. I think this recipe would be great with sauteed sweet onions, or sauteed red pepper, or crisp bacon on it also.
- ½ (15-oz) package of refrigerated pie crust, or make your own recipe.
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced about a ½ pound
- 1-2 tsp of olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced- if using plum, use 3
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped, or 1 tsp dried basil
- ⅓ cup mayo or light mayo
- ⅓ cup (about 1.5- oz) fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Fit pie crust into a 9" tart shell, trim excess and prick bottom.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes until lightly browned.
- Saute' zucchini in hot oil in a large skillet for a few minutes or until tender.
- Arrange zucchini on top of pie crust.
- Slice and arrange tomatoes on top.
- Stir together basil, mayo, and cheese.
- Drop by teaspoons over tomatoes and spread gently.
- Top with pepper.
- Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until heated and cheese mixture is slightly melted.