Oatmeal Apricot Bars, (middle lower in photo)
Dessert Bars- Apricot Oatmeal
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: 24-36 bars
- 1½ C of uncooked oatmeal
- 1 ¾ C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ C softened butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- dash of salt
- 18oz jar of apricot preserves
- Cream butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add salt, baking soda and ¾ C of flour and mix.
- Add remaining flour and mix together.
- Add oatmeal and mix briefly. (You want the "batter" to be in little clumps the size of the tip of your little finger.)
- Take half the mixture and press firmly in the bottom of a 9X13X2" sprayed pan.
- Spread the apricot preserves evenly over the bottom layer, and then sprinkle on the remaining mixture.
- Gently tap down just a little.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cool and slice.
- Freezes well.