Breakfast- Prosciutto Strata
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: 8-12 servings
- 1 loaf sourdough bread 1- 1 ½ #,
- sliced no more than a ½” thick
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ # mozzarella, grated or fresh cubed
- ¼ cup pesto
- 8 oz prosciutto thinly sliced
- 1 # tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ C whole milk or ½ and ½
- ½ T salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Spray a 9X13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- Take ½ of the bread and spread with ½ of the cream cheese and ½ of the pesto.
- Layer on the bottom of the 9X13 so the bottom of the dish is covered, cheese side up.
- Layer ½ of the mozzarella, ½ the prosciutto, ½ of the tomatoes.
- Repeat with a second layer of everything.
- Whisk the eggs, ½ and ½, and salt and pepper together and pour over the top.
- Chill at least two hours or overnight and bake off at 350 until puffed and golden brown, about an hour.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.