Criss Cross Puff Pastry
Breakfast- Criss Cross Puff Pastry
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: 8-12 servings
- 1 package of Pepperidge Farm Frozen Puff Pastry, 2 sheets
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk or water
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 2 C herb seasoned dry stuffing
- 1 medium-large onion, chopped
- 3 C sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Thaw pastry at room temp about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown sausage, drain thoroughly.
- Sauté onion in a little butter.
- Mix in a bowl the sausage, onion, dry stuffing and 3 eggs.
- Sauté mushrooms in a little butter and set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry on a floured surface.
- Place ½ the mixture down the center.
- Place mushrooms on top of sausage mixture.
- Cut slits in remaining puff pastry and lift and fold over the top of the sausage forming a braid.
- Makes 2 rolls.
- Take remaining egg, mix with milk and brush on top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden.