Raspberry or Blueberry White Chocolate Streusel Coffee Cake
Coffee Cake- Raspberry (or Blueberry) White Chocolate Streusel
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: 8 pieces
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup half and half (may substitute milk)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (a little tarter) or blueberries
- ½ cup white chocolate baking chips
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup butter
- Powder Sugar with enough milk to liquefy.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8 ½ inch spring form pan.
- Make streusel by combining the three ingredients in a food processor until crumbly. Set aside.
- Beat flour, sugar, baking powder, softened butter, half and half, and egg until moistened, then one minute on medium speed.
- Spread half of batter in the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Then sprinkle on half of the streusel, a ¼ cup of white chocolate baking chips and raspberry or blueberries.
- Layer on the rest of batter and on top rest of streusel and white chocolate.
- Bake at least 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. I use frozen blueberries or raspberries. If yours are fresh, the baking time may be a little less.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- Drizzle on some powder sugar glaze.