Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Strawberries and Whipped Cream
2010 Award Winning Pound Cake
Cake- Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: 12-16 slices
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ C (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, room temp
- 3 C superfine or castor sugar* (You can put regular sugar in a food processor to make superfine sugar!)
- 6 large eggs, room temp
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- zest of an orange
- Butter and flour a bundt pan.
- Sift together, flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- With an electric mixer beat butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar in three additions beating well after each. Continue to beat on medium high speed until light and fluffy about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat in.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Hand stir in orange zest or it gets tangled up in your beaters.
- Pour into a bundt pan and bake at 350 for about 65 to 70 minutes.
- Let set about 20 minutes before inverting.
- Wonderful with fruit and whipped cream or you could put a glaze on it made from Orange Juice and powdered sugar.
- * If you don’t have castor or superfine sugar you can put the 3 cups of sugar into a food processor and run for about a minute.