Bread- Apricot Walnut Quick Bread
- 1 C Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Soft Butter
- 1 Egg
- ¾ C Orange Juice with Extra Pulp
- 2 C Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ C Chopped Walnuts
- 6 oz Dried Apricots
- Dice up apricots, then pour boiling water over them and let set for 30 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat, then orange juice and beat.
- Add flour, baking powder, soda and salt and mix.
- Drain apricots and blot well.
- Hand stir in apricots and walnuts.
- Grease and flour bread pan. Put wax paper on bottom.
- Bake at 350 for 65 to 70 minutes.
- Test with toothpick. Let cool for 20 minutes before flipping out of pan.
Recipe by Gracehill Bed and Breakfast at http://www.gracehillbandb.com/2010/09/bread-apricot-walnut-quick-bread/