Breakfast- Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: Serves 6 or 8 people
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, room temp
- 1 loaf of dense bread
- 1 c fresh or frozen blueberries
- 12 eggs
- ½ c maple syrup
- 2 cups half and half or whole milk
- Blueberry Sauce: (or just use syrup)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c water
- 1-cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp butter
- Trim crusts from bread slices.
- Spread soft cream cheese over each slice and then cube bread into 1” pieces.
- Grease a 9X13 pan.
- Place half of the bread pieces into the pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the bread.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs, milk and syrup.
- Pour mixture over the bread.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate over night.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 25 minutes or more until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and top with blueberry sauce.
- I don’t mind skipping the blueberry sauce below and just pouring syrup over the top. Up to you, but if you skip the sauce, I would double the amount of blueberries in the casserole.
- For the blueberry sauce, stir together cornstarch, sugar and water and boil in a medium saucepan for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in blueberries and reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes or until berries bursts. Stir in butter until it melts and serve over the French toast.