Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 bottom pie crust
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1⅓ C half and half
- 3 slices of pasteurized Swiss cheese
- 3 slices of regular hard Swiss cheese
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 tsp butter
- Mix and roll out a pie crust and form on the bottom of a pie shell (my favorite, or use a preformed store bought one).
- Prick bottom with a fork then bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble 6 slices of bacon.
- Sauté in a small frying pan the chopped onion in 1 tsp of butter.
- Layer the slices of soft Swiss cheese with the hard Swiss cheese, and then grate together. (This works so much better that having a pile of soft cheese and a pile of hard cheese. The quiche sets up more uniformly this way.)
- Sprinkle ⅔ of the cheese on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Then sprinkle a little nutmeg on it.
- Layer the onion, bacon, and rest of Swiss cheese on top.
- Beat your eggs and half and half well and pour on top.
- Bake an additional 30-45 minutes until done.
- Let set for 5 minutes before serving.