Side Dish- Fresh Tomato/Basil/Onion Salad
Gracehill Bed and Breakfast
We make this in the summer when we're picking tomatoes out of our garden...
- 4 medium tomatoes
- ¼ medium onion
- fresh basil leaves
- ¼ C. olive oil
- ¼ C. rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic salt and sugar.
- Chunk tomatoes, and slice onions very thin.
- Snip the basil with scissors into ½ inch pieces.
- Layer the tomatoes, onions, and basil in a bowl.
- Pour mixture on top.
- Garnish with a few big basil leaves.